He LOVED making Rock Candy!
I loved watching him fill in his scientific journal with his observations each day!
Todd did this experiment with him and they both had fun!
If asking questions makes you a scientist, Caleb certainly qualifies! :)
Here he was learning about magnetic force with these "floating magnets." :)
I will have to say (as one who never enjoyed Biology, Chemistry or Physics labs) I had so much fun making our own working compass! I had never done this before and I wasn't exactly optimistic about what the outcome would be, but it really did work! Caleb drew a picture of our house in his Scientific Journal and was able to label which side of our house faced N, S, E and W. :) It was really fun for all!
The Great Boat Races!
5 comments:
Looks fun! Definitely looks like Caleb enjoys it and is learning a lot! :)
Learning is fun! What book or curriculum are you using for science?
Love these pictures! He really looks like he is having a great time and learning a whole bunch along the way. : )
We're using Sonlight's Science 1. We love the book See How It's Made. It might be my favorite book from the year....and I've already mentioned World of Animals to you...great pictures and info arranged by where the animal is found...so it's geography, too. All the Science experiments come from the book Science Activities Volume 1 (Usborne). There is so much packed in this curriculum. We haven't even made it to the Eye Wonder Space book or the What Makes You Ill and First Encyclopedia of the Human Body, but Caleb has peaked ahead and has spent hours with these books and is constantly telling us what we need to eat to fight off sickness and how different systems of our body work. :) He's learning a lot and we have loved it!
The Rock Candy experiment just came from a search on google. :) We got the idea from something in our curriculum, but it was not directly FROM the curriculum. I am doing better about marking out some of the optional activities listed in the curriculum...so many good ideas...so little time!!! There's no way to do ALL those things in one year so I'm learning to JUST LET IT GO sometimes. :) I wish I'd come to this point earlier in this year so that I could be further along in the Science part of the curriculum at this point in the year!!!! :)
Post a Comment