Monday, May 31, 2010
The latest creative way to use stocking nails....
I can't remember exactly when it started, but one day I started noticing seemingly random things hanging around my house on any available nail. Letters, numbers, his name, tires...and the latest...doors. :) If you've seen the movie Monsters, Inc. you might recognize these doors, complete with the lights that come on at the top of the door. I was asking him one day what this long skinny piece of paper was so he was showing me in this picture. I was amazed at his creativity!!! It's the conveyor belt that carries the doors to their posts. He made all of this with paper, crayons, scissors and glue. I can't tell you how many of these doors he's made, but he loved hanging them from the mantel on the Christmas stocking nails. :) All of the doors actually open. Inside one of the doors he glued a drawing of "Boo" (the little girl in the movie). He also colored the rooms inside. On a black sheet he actually used a white crayon to recreate the place where Sully and Mike were banished at one point. It was amazing to watch his wheels spinning and his sense of satisfaction when he had it all just the way he wanted. :) See "Boo's" door with the flowers on it. :) He has huge visual strengths. I wonder what all he is going to design in his lifetime. :)




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a creative little guy!
We affectionately call him, "Ethan-scissor hands." He could seriously go through a pack of paper a week if we let him. It's like he's driven to draw!! It's fun to watch!!! Amazing to this non-artistic Mommy!!!
Wow - he is so creative! We love Monsters Inc (Mike and I - Emily has never seen it). : )
Post a Comment