Saturday, January 3, 2009

After the Christmas decorations...

I was dusting the mantle today...thinking about taking down the stockings and not wanting to. I don't want to take the tree down yet either. It IS January 3rd, but we really didn't get to enjoy the tree very long...and the last month kind of flew by. I love how peaceful it is when the boys are getting ready for bed when the "big lights" are off and we just have one or two lights...or none...with the Christmas tree on. Don't be surprised if you come to my house in July and the tree is still up! :) :) :)...ok, not really, but today would be the best day to take it down probably...if we were going to take it down this week and I don't think we're going to. I don't want to take the stockings off the mantle either. :) I have one I need to sew back together...Connor tore Caleb's down when he knew there was candy inside. :( ...just the little loop thing that goes on the nail. I'm thinking the mantle will be very bare now. Hmm...need to think of some reason to un-decorate. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Christie,
I've enjoyed your blog. Have you taken down the tree yet?

Christie said...

Lynn, I am not sure if you'll get this, but YES the tree DID come down. It was much less fun taking it down than it was putting it up. :) I'm glad to have more space back, though. Happy Belated Birthday!!!