Friday, March 6, 2009

Knock, knock....

Another van "conversation"...this time with Connor.

Just out of the clear blue sky as we were driving down the highway one day.

Connor: Hey, Mommy, knock, knock.

Me: (with hesitation in my voice because I had no idea my 2 year old might get the whole knock knock joke routine) Who's......there?

Connor: Rock.

Me: (In disbelief that he'd completed the first part of the joke and laughing already at what his answer might be...) ...Rock.......who?

Connor: Rock AND ROLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!! he said and then laughed his head off. And who is teaching my 2 year old knock knock jokes??? We have NO idea! Caleb thought this was a good one, but he said he didn't teach him. I think he was quite impressed actually. It was funny. He's just getting better at knock knock jokes. They used to be kind of silly. He hasn't watched television this week because we have really been on the go a lot and haven't really even had time to turn on the TV and I'm just stumped about where he got this!!! I guess this is a 3rd child thing??? They pop out with things you never had any idea they knew and you have NO idea where they got them. :) This is "Classic Connor." :)

3 comments:

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

That is so funny. : )

Stephanie Kay said...

Ellie amazes me all the time! Ben's really my funny guy. His sense of comic timing is incredible.

Christie said...

I definitely think Connor is the comedian in the fam here. He's funny and knows it! I sometimes catch him making faces when we're driving down the road or if he's by himself in a room or some time like that when he definitely knows he doesn't have an audience. He's just entertaining himself with his silly faces and being a clown. Sometimes it's just how he cuts his eyes and tilts his head. He's SO silly.