Saturday, December 6, 2008

What to do when you're supposed to have your feet above the level of your heart???

I guess that's a good reason to blog....right??? :) If anyone is still hanging in here with me during my lack of blogging....I have started the end of the pregnancy swelling so I'm supposed to be keeping my feet up and it's Saturday...when I can actually follow those instructions thanks to Todd! :) He's making dinner...mmmm..and it smells good! :)

We have been busy organizing, steam cleaning, sanitizing, Magic Erasering, painting, shopping, wrapping, hiding (presents), rearranging, assembling, and generally preparing for Sawyer. I have had that line of "Joy to the World" on the brain lately...."Let every heart prepare Him room...." as I've worked on Sawyer's room.

It's been a comedy of errors at our house this past week! :) We've had vehicle troubles from both of our vehicles. Thankfully the repairs are not as bad as we first thought they'd be!! Todd's heat went out on the car last week and we were so relieved that it was only a radiator cap leak!!! For about $8-9 he's now nice and toasty again on those cold mornings in the 30s!!! :) The engine light on our '01 Taurus came on the day after we got our van back from the shop after a big scare with it! We still have to take the car back again to get to the bottom of all that's going on there. It's been quite an adventure getting around town the last week or so!

In the middle of all of that, Connor had a rushed trip to the ER one night after he decided it was a good idea to bite off the top of the little lightbulb that goes in Caleb's nightlight. I'm still wondering WHY he thought that was a good thing to do!!! :) I think he is, too. His sneakiness amazes me. I was RIGHT there in the room with him and had just glanced at him to be sure he wasn't into anything. A friend was over who wanted to see Caleb & Sawyer's room now that the crib is set up. We were only in the room a few minutes!!! He's so QUICK and sneaky! :) His pediatrician wanted an x-ray to be sure there were no internal injuries. He had lots of glass in his mouth and we were afraid he might have swallowed some. I talked with my mother-in-law the day after it happened. She told me that she, too, did this when she was a little younger than Connor. She bit into a glass ornament from their Christmas tree and her mom had to rush her to the local clinic to be sure she was ok. :) So now I know....glass-tasting is a family trait! :)

These are the kind of things that have kept me away from blogging lately!! :) This and the boys' school schedules. It's unbelievable!! ....especially Ethan's! Thankfully we are starting a new schedule in January where he'll be able to have 2 of his 3 weekly speech sessions while he's at school! That will help tremendously!!! It's a long story, but his school schedule will be simplified, too, which will help SOOOO much!!! We have some big decisions to make in the coming months about what kind of therapy to pursue to address the issues he's having with communication. We are hearing conflicting things about what different parents who have been down this road recommend so the answers aren't obvious at this point. That's been on my mind a lot!

SO that's what I've been doing while my feet haven't been propped up. :) I'm going to post one more thing here and then I plan to finish catching up with some of you guys whose blogs I haven't had a chance to read lately! :)

5 comments:

Stephanie Kay said...

You've been busy! Enjoy the rest while you can.

We set up Ellie's room (it already had the crib in there) for Sam to join her but she keeps climbing in the crib. So Sam is still in our room. We've talked about a tent over the crib to keep her out but those aren't cheap!

Christie said...

Your little climbing girl! :) We went the route of Caleb sharing a room with Sawyer. It was brave to put Ethan & Connor in a room together, but they like it and are doing well. I thought Caleb and Ethan might not like being apart because they've shared a room for so long...but Caleb loved moving over to his own room and he's excited about Sawyer joining him. It probably helped that he got to help paint the room! :)

Amy said...

Keep those feet propped, Christie! Can't wait to hear when Sawyer arrives!

We ended up getting bunk beds and will have all 3 in one room! Praying that they will do well because for now we have no other option! :)

Christie said...

Hi Amy!! Are you still waiting? :) Steph said the other day...maybe you and me will deliver on the same day this time. :)

We were thinking of bunking Caleb & Ethan's beds, but when Todd put them together, the only place in the room we needed to use was too close to the ceiling fan.

I shared a room with my older sister Pam and younger sister Donna. Great memories!!! :) We loved our bunk beds!!! :)

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

So glad the van/car issues turned out to be less traumatizing than originally expected.

Hope you are enjoying the rest while you can get it. Looking forward to hearing about Sawyer's arrival!